Tuesday, November 25, 2014

A pick in my sketchbook...off to Napa with the in-laws :)

My husband's dad and girlfriend have been staying with us for these last couple of days.

I enjoy having guests...they make you look at your own city with tourist eyes for a little bit.
Together we rediscover old place and sometimes we discover totally unseen city spots.

The last weekend we went to Sonoma and Napa for some wine testing, they loved it!!!
I tried to do few sketches, we had a great time!
The weather was amazing so on top of enjoying the wine they also enjoyed the weather :)

Living in  Poland and Sweden, Grazyna and Maciej are not getting much sun right now when back home.
As you can get from this sketch  they are trying to do the most out of our California sun.






To do this small watercolor I had to tied Mona on a tree.  at wine vinery I choose sketching over wine testing :)
Mona was not too happy, I had to hurry in the end. I hope I created the idea of fall all around well enough !



Sunday evening relax, drinking wine and cuddling the super tired puppy.



A quick sketch of Mona sleeping on my pencil bags...not very comfortable...but she was exhausted! She could have slept anywhere!




What I love about all the wineries we visited is that they allow you to take you own food and make your own picnic while drinking their wine.
We didn't do any single picnic though... next time!!! :) I love picnic!





The four of us :) We are off to Squaw valley this weekend for some snowboarding/skiing! We ll try to do some sketches too!
Going to pack now! Picasso is coming along too..aiming to work on him in the evenings....let's see how it goes! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment