Thursday, April 17, 2014

Study: SF life style




20x10 inches
oil on canvas board
SF life style


7.30 pm and I am calling this last still-life study finished, getting hungry: DINNER TIME :)
I started this painting on Monday and picked up again only today, not a great choice since all the colors were already dried and I had to mix up everything again.
I struggle a LOT with the basic structure of the board and with the rendering of the tracks.


Tomorrow in my still life class at the academy I ll build my very first canvas from scratch  (exciting!!) .
The size will be 24x12 inches , so almost twice the size of the study, and I ll paint it again, more carefully this time!

Here is the original sketch, I used whitish shoes in the final study to avoid the Christmas effect red/green :)






And here is the set up, in a corner of my studio:




And what I mean San Francisco life style I mean this :)
Here is hubby on his way to the tram and to the office.
If you zoom in he is actually wearing the same shoes! How cool is that!
Please notice the ocean in the background, we live in the coolest (in both sense , coolpart of town!



No comments:

Post a Comment