Thursday, April 3, 2014

A painting inspired by our African trip, work in progress.



This is a detail of a painting I am working on at the moment. 

Is going very SLOWLY since I am very busy with school and life in general at the moment…but I 'd love to have it done by the end of the weekend.

Here are two pictures of the first two stages, under painting and jutting the texture on the canvas.





It was my first time painting a black skin tone and I am pretty happy with the colors on the actual painting, thanks to my hubby for buying me a book on "Painting Skin tones"!
Apparently the main colors to use are raw umber, white and burnt sienna. 


Still need to work on the necklaces and the back ground, plus adding more gold to the hair….

I didn't have an actual picture for painting this girl she is just right out of my imagination! Inspired by all the beautiful girls we met over there.


 These last two pictures were taken one evening during singing/dancing show. Something VERY touristy but still fun!! ;)


Our group :)




















No comments:

Post a Comment