Friday, April 18, 2014

High key painting….with palette knife, for a change:)

11x14 inches
oil on canvas board
Quiet.

Today we painted a High key still life (high key means that all the value are lighter than the middle gray) .
I really liked the simple composition and I decide to use the palette knife to add more movement and texture to it.

Here is a detail:
detail



 The set up:

My work in progress:



Our class:) 
Normally we paint in a dark room, black blinds down and lamps lighting up the still lives. 
Not today though, to create a hight key painting you need a LOT of light, so no blinds! Nice :)




My friend Xiaoxiao sketching. 
The most important color in our palette today was white  and of course…. I didn't have mine!
 Thanks Xiaoxio for sharing yours!:)



No comments:

Post a Comment