Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Last sketches from Cape Town.

End of the holiday :(
We had and amazing time in Cape Town, definitely a place to go back.
IF ONLY…. it was a tiny bit closer!!

 Sunshine and  warm weather were here in San Francisco to welcome us back home, and Mona too of course! A nice part of traveling is also coming back home.

But let's talk art now ;)


Yesterday, our last day, we had a quite relaxing morning. Some souvenirs shopping and then sitting down in cafe, me drawing, hubby working. :)  ( what an amazing duo !)

Outside of the cafe there were two ladies sitting on a bench surrounded by the busy market.
I didn't have enough tim to draw the market scene and I puts a South African flag instead.






 At the souvenir shop I bought a little statue, shaped, woman shaped,  that inspired me to do this drawing. I used the body as part of the flag.




Last Saturday we went to small village called Simon town. The main attraction at Simon town are the African penguins.


5 minutes away from the penguin's beach there is a really nice idea cream place, all of us got ice cream, it was REALLY good ( like all the food we had in South Africa actually!) and the place was so cute that deserved a small sketch.





The last sketch is from our stay in Stellenbosch. It is wour messy bedroom , beautiful room with a super nice view on the hills.




All for today, the tiredness of the 25 hours flight is kicking in :( I slept on the first flight and draw and study on the second one….I can feel my eyes closing while I write!

Have a good night everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment