Thursday, March 20, 2014

Fighting the jet lag with the palette knife!




9x12 inches
oil on canvas board with palette knife
Girl corner

Painting with the palette knife is my way to fight with the jet lag. :)
When I use the knife instead of the brushes I tend to take my still-life painting in a not so serious way.
 I tell my self RELAX, ENJOY and if it comes bad is OK! 
Is not any easier using the knife instead of the brushes.
 Is actually more difficult since you cannot properly control the edges and the color mixing, but i love the process of sculpting the images. 
It feels more like sculpting than painting, especially with this last one, I used so much paint!
Plenty of chunky texture ! Check it out in the details:










I set up this still life for a school assignment,  so you will see this same arrangement painted in the "conventional way" too.
My favorite earrings bought downtown at a market, a cute doll bought few years ago while on a trip in Connecticut, I borrowed the silver cup from my upstair neighbor Kitty and I borrowed the vase in the back from my pottery maker neighbor Matt. A nice mix!!!



  
Have a nice day everyone! Early wake up for me :) thank you jet lag!

No comments:

Post a Comment