Monday, December 2, 2013

Experimenting with ink wash, step by step


Watercolor, gouache and ink on canvas

Killed by his work (!) or by the bad people in Clash of Clans or by the Wharton homework load. 
(...your choice!)


I started from this picture.(..this is the "side" I see of my husband lately)


Step 1
Do the drawing


Step 2
Paint with white paint gouache  the parts that are supposed to be stay white and let it dry.


Step 3
Paint with waterpoof black inks the black part and also around it and let it dry.


Now the fun part:
Step 4
After the ink has dried I take a strong brush and with the help of that & running water, I carefully remove the gouache from the canvas.
Maybe I removed also a bit of ink actually by pressing too strong...

That was what I was left with:


Then I added the red watercolor background and here it is!

Hubby is still working :) OF COURSE!! I ll show him his artwork once he has a break :)


No comments:

Post a Comment