Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Painted Chair project :) let's start!

End of the fall semester at Art Academy University... feeling happy on side, since I am getting my "painting time back ", and sad on the other side....I am always sorry to say goodbye to teachers and fellow students...I think I could stay in school for ever!! learning, learning and learning :)  (if only it was not soooo expensive :)!)








A couple of months ago I decided to take part in a "Painted Chair project" organized by the Women' s club in Palo Alto.
I received a 1930's folding chair, a small piece of history of the Women 's club, and I agreed to return it fully painted by February 1st.
March 28th there will an auction and the fund raised will contribute to the financial future of the organization.

I was just waiting for the winter break at school to start the project and work on the chair with NO interruption.
Today step one: SANDING THE CHAIR



For the sanding part I took the chair down to the beach, is better to sand it while looking at the ocean!! :)

Also, I think I ll be painting something Ocean related...so a beach photo shooting to start seemed to make sense.


My little helper had to try the chair of course!!:)



No comments:

Post a Comment