Thursday, December 5, 2013

Rangoli and Mandala

Last week, this week and next week are my "Mandala weeks".
The last assignment for my Color Theory class is drawing a mandala design and coloring using only the  three primary colors (Y-B-R) in a slip-analogous combination.
Last week was my drawing week, these were my best designs:


Then I started coloring them...more time consuming that you could EVER imagine :) still nice though:)
I read somewhere that painting a mandala is liking doing a painting meditation, true to me.




Since I was not very happy with these I went back to my first design, and I am focusing now on this one. Here are my color roughs till today:

And the last one from today

Painting another one tomorrow...and by the end of week I ll have a final rough for a final painting.

So, this  is the answer to those who have been asking how did I spend my Thanksgiving week, painting and drawing Mandalas! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment