Wednesday, February 27, 2013

A Rainy day...with A LOT of paint

8x10 inches oil on card board
Hello again :)
Since I was unhappy with yesterday landscape first thing on my to-do-list of today was painting something I would be happy with.

Last March when in London I took a very nice (complimenting my self here!!) picture , here it is:
I have been thinking about painting this one for a long time, but I was always putting on a side thinking it would be too difficult to render the rainy effect.
Then yesterday a lady in my landscape class had a similar picture ( she actually made quite an amazing job out of it!) and I GOT INSPIRED :)

Today I rendered the rainy -wet effect with a lot of paint and by using the palette knife, here is a detail,

tomorrow I think I ll do it again experimenting a different technique....maybe(!)

have a good evening everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment