Tuesday, July 15, 2014

I am enough. COLLAGE


18 inches x18 inches

I am enough.
Collage and mixed media on canvas.



After 3 weeks straight working with Illustrator I was in bad need of some "hand-time": grabbing tubes full of paint, creating texture, playing around with "real"stuff …getting my fingers dirty with colors!
So, yesterday I spent the whole day working on this collage, attaching stuff, painting layers and layers of color.  I love the final result.
I used pieces of papers I have been collecting and saving for few years actually…just waiting to use them on the right art work. 


I believe we all have moments when we compare ourselves with other people and we start doubting our own skills. I do…a lot! This wants to be a reminder that I AM ENOUGH, YOU are enough. WE are enough.


Some details:






Few weeks ago I prepared this special canvas. 
I love creating touchy texture and to increase the result I took an old pair of jeans, cut few parts out and attached them to my canvas with several layers of gesso. Then I put the canvas on one side of my studio, waiting for the right idea.


 




Back to my Illustrator now:) 
Have a great day everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment