Thursday, July 24, 2014

Flowers in you hair.

Flowers in your hair.
Digital painting, Illustrator.


I have a confession to make....I think I am falling in love with Illustrator...especially after this last drawing from yesterday.
I have been resistant to digital drawing for years, very stubborn of me! I love my good old fashioned brushes, canvas, pens and paper. 
But much to my surprise I liked it, in a strange out of comfort kind of way.

I spent the whole day yesterday working on this face, mixing all the techniques  I have learned lately, drawing, painting, combing shapes and more, using a combination of tablet and mouse. I love the final result.


The very first girl I did was all done modifying and combining shapes. No free hand drawing .



While in this last one I used a LOT of digital brushes and digital pencil.
Just check out the noses, eyelashes and lips to see the difference.
For this last work I followed a process very similar to the real painting. Drawing first, then under painting and more painting on top. A lot of layers...pretty cool stuff! Also the way I used the brushes loaded with paint reminded me a lot of the real painting process...without the need to clean brushes at the end ot the session! The only annoying difference is the creation of all the customized brushes.... is quicker to get them out of the drawer than creating them each time!
What took me the longest probably were the eyes and the lips. But I love what I got in the end. 
Here is a picture in the layout mode, every line is a stroke.


And to compare here is the lay out mode screen shot of the first girl:




Learning and enjoying the process....I think I am on the right track! :)

My husband challenged me to do draw something different from a girl with red cheeks!!  :)
Let 's what comes next!

No comments:

Post a Comment