Thursday, May 22, 2014

Sketches from Osaka ! おやすみ

8 pm in the evening here in Osaka, 4 am California time (…no wonder why I am struggling to keep my eyes open.)
We got here last night around 1am  after a smooth travel of just about 16 hours, not too bad.
And  just to make the whole jet lag situation easier we had an early wake up today --- LOVE LOVE LOVE Wharton study trip! :)

While hubby was busy doing school stuff I busied myself seeing as much as possible of Osaka.


  Osaka castle

sketch with watercolor and pen


 I was sitting on a bench busy drawing the castle and two old men were sitting next to me feeding birds, and talking, talking, talking.
In the end they stood up and came to check on me.
 They liked the sketch. In the middle of a LOOOONG sentence in Japanese one of two men squeezed a beautiful . Hopefully it was referred to the drawing ! :)

Here the two men from the back:

sketch with ink pen and watercolor







This is a sketch of a Japanese garden that was next to the castle.



pen and watercolor




Went to a lot of different places and took a lot of pictures today, will  do more sketches from them soon, time to go to sleep now.





おやすみ !!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment