Sunday, May 4, 2014

Sketches from Georgia O'Keeffe exhibit


Got home from hubby's graduation ceremony few hours ago… AMAZING DAY
I was planning to do some drawing in theme but…way TOO TIRED! will do that tomorrow:) 
Posting my sketches from the Georgia O'Keeffe exhibition instead.

Last Wednesday with my drawing class we went to see her exhibition at the De Young Museum.
 I have to admit that at first I was not too much into her art work. The show totally changed my prospective on Georgia O' Keeffe and by the end of the morning I was totally in love with the woman and the artist.


Once home I started working on some sketches….I wanted to do something different, here they are:
My sketches with cut out people!






you can lift the people up and down :)












Here the sketches:



Dark & Lavender leaves 1931




Lake George 1922




 Red Poppy 1928




Tree with cut out limb  1920


Jack in the pulpit   1930


No comments:

Post a Comment