Friday, May 9, 2014

Skateboard, red shoes, and jeans…..almost finished!



24x12 inches
oil on gallery canvas




This is was a tough one, not that the subject was a  particularly difficult one… I think I just probably started with the wrong approach.
 My previous study (SF life life style) was supposed to be the study for this larger painting, in the end it was not!

http://lauradallagata.blogspot.com/2014/04/study-sf-life-style.html

So what happened?

The study was too large, it took me way too long to paint and by the time I was done with it the idea of painting the same thing again, just on a larger scale was not very attractive.

So I decided to change skateboard (hubby bass more than one! lucky me!LOL) , to change shoes , and to change position and background.

New Sketch and new study (SMALL AND QUICK!!) lesson learnt :)


Picture of the actual set up  and of the work in progress

 

What makes this painting special is that I build the canvas my self :) with the help of my instructor at the Academy.

1st step: putting tougher the 4 stretching bars
2nd step: wrapping the canvas around
3rd step: stapling the canvas
4th step: painting with gesso.
5 th step: PAINTING!!




Taking the painting to school today to get a feedback from my teacher, still one week to complete this assignment!!!
Will probably work some more on the jeans…they were more difficult than expected to paint!
Happy Friday!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, excellent post. I'd like to draft like this too - taking time and real hard work to make a great article. This post has encouraged me to write some posts that I am going to write soon.
    best skateboard for kids

    ReplyDelete