Sunday, October 7, 2012

Survivor

Hello everybody!
I hope you had a good Sunday,  mine was pretty awesome! :)

Running on Sunday morning is nicer than running on week days.
First of all there is less or no traffic at all,  second I meet other Sunday runners, all happy and cheerful...and finally there is no hurry to be back home early so I can take detours and run as much as I want!
 That makes running on a Sunday morning just priceless.
 I spent the rest of the morning cooking curries , yummy!!Then some painting of course!
Went back on working on my last canvas, 18x24 inches, a girl from the back,  almost finished ( so you 'll see it soon!)
The weather is still very warm here, with temperature in the mid 70F during the day, so as nice break from painting I went for a swim.  NICE NICE NICE!!

Enough about my sporty day! Now let's talk about today's painting :)

The day I came back from Europe my lovely husband was at the airport, waiting for me WITH FLOWERS!! I love him! and he know I love flowers!
They died pretty quickly, unfortunately :(
In less than a week they were all gone apart from one, a white carnation (garofano, in italiano!). A shy , tiny strong flower that at the beginning I havent even to noticed.
Well,it is still alive after 20 days!!!It definitely deserved a painting!
This is a 6X6 inches mixed media on canvas.
There is a collage , then acrylics and on top oil with palette knife.
It portraits the carnation from 3 different point of view.
I hope you like it!

 And here a picture of the survivor with its own painting!



1 comment: