Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Challenging still life in balck and white

One more painting in black and white from Thursday painting class.
We could choose from different still life set up,  I was attracted by the one I choose the moment I opened the door of my class.
Is a 2 hours study.
Two more black and white to come :)

As much as I missing painting with colors I need to admit that this black and white period it turned out to be very useful, I feel I have improved my light/dark technique and the shading.
 11x14 inches
oil on canvas
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Oil, that is hard. Did you start with the lights or darks? What is the correct process? Do you have demos?

    ReplyDelete
  2. no demo :(
    i need to tell you all about! as soon as i am done with the move , miss u!!

    ReplyDelete