Saturday, June 1, 2013

A blind date, work in progress

To me there is something magic in painting faces, drawing a mouth or a cheek, or eyes... making them looking 3-D by adding colors, shades and shadows... Looking at the full face ones is done...I get butterflies in my stomach during the process of painting....don't laugh!!
I don't really know WHY I am attracted to face more than to anything else...
Maybe is just a matter of personal taste :)

Long story short yesterday I really wanted to paint a face in a different way, I went running with MONA while thinking on this and I came back with few ideas. I am so happy my new phone has the reverse camera ( the only nice feature of this new phone actually!!) so I started taking pictures of my self and I made a collage.

Here is the work in progress, under you can see the reference picture I used.
No time to paint today or tomorrow unfortunately, but I ll do it on Monday :)
Have a great weekend everyone!

 14x11 inc
oil on canvas
A Blind Date


No comments:

Post a Comment