Sunday, April 12, 2015

Product packaging illustration: Mr. Tomato.

The third assignment for my Concept and technique Illustration class was to develop a product packaging illustration.

Here is my final work, Mr. Tomato... (a tomato sauce clearly!:)



A mix of traditional, vector and Photoshop technique.....pretty happy with what I have learned this week actually!! Despite the beautiful weather I kept on studying :)


First step: traditional drawing with pen and watercolor.
 After different sketches I came up with something I liked ( and my teacher too!)




Second step: learning and improving my PS technique.

I included an Hawaiian sky in my Tuscan spaghetti hills.

I took this photo our last evening in Maui, few weeks ago. Beautiful colors.



Third step : learn and master the mesh tool in Adobe Illustrator to create a nice 3D tomato.
Fourth step:

Putting it all together! This is also another version I really like, no effect applied and different shade of sky....

Here I applied some effects to the background around:




Happy Sunday evening everyone.... maybe some pasta with tomato sauce for our dinner!or maybe some sushi....: )


No comments:

Post a Comment