Monday, February 2, 2015

Book cover project, part 1. Picking a scene! Alice down the rabbit hole.

One of the project for my "Concept, technique and illustration class" at AAU is making a book cover for a book of our our choice.

I decided to go for a English classic : Alice in the wonderland. Written in 1865 is still very popular with adults as well as children...and is one of my favorite book!



For my book cover I choose to draw a scene from the first chapter,  Alice is running after the white rabbit and she follows him into the hole.

 (click on the link if you wish to read the first chapter in full! https://www.cs.cmu.edu/~rgs/alice-I.html  )

Deciding which scene to draw was kind easy, not so much deciding how to portray it, so I went through some sketches, here they are.







And I chose the last one! Now more work on this image! :)

Enjoy today!

 “I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then.”
Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

No comments:

Post a Comment