Monday, October 27, 2014

Maybe later. Acrylic, ink and oil on wood.


12x12 inches
Maybe later.
Acrylic, oil, and ink on wood.

Here is my last painting, a mixed media experiment.
"Maybe later"
Sometimes we need to enjoy what we like, we'll do the rest later.
Laura's philosophy :)

I used ink for the black part, acrylic followed by oil for the face. Finally the hair and flowers are created by mixing the wood and the ink as a contour.
The idea of having a side fun project that involved brushes and a face (!) has been on the back of mind for quite a while. So happy I followed my "heart" without looking at my busy list of things to do.  I think sometimes WE HAVE TO. 

Painting what I really like ( faces  :) for those who do not know yet!) excite me, makes me happy and makes me want to wake up early on Sunday morning just to paint. :)

Sunny and beautiful today, we have been enjoying an amazing weather for quite sometimes actually.  It totally helps the mood let me tell you.
Taking the doggie for a mid morning walk the back to my easel to start the new new chiaroscuro assignment: a portrait .
I like the new assignment! :)

detail.
Maybe later.
Acrylic, oil, and ink on wood.




No comments:

Post a Comment