Thursday, June 5, 2014

Tokyo Imperial Palace, sketch.

Back in San Francisco, missing the Japanese heat and most of all the sunshine.

This sketch was done from a picture we took while visiting the Imperial Palace garden in Tokyo.  That day the sky was like here today: grey. (But in Japan in was hot!)



Black ink and white gouache on toned paper.

In my sketch I combined two separate images: the castle, and the swan.
The ink and gouache was an experiment. I got the inspiration from a girl from my drawing class, she used to use them together a lot. ( thanks Fara!)
Planning to do a painting from this image….hopefully next week :) I really like the composition.
Finishing with laundry and cleaning up today, i hate the coming-back-with-tons-of-dirty-laundry part of the trip!



No comments:

Post a Comment