Thursday, February 27, 2014

What is left of Halloween, still life work in progress

11x14 inches
What is left of Halloween.
oil on canvas
work in progress

This is my last painting, not yet completely finished but I decided to post it anyway since is already looking good enough (to me!!) 
I painted this for my still life painting class at the Academy, taking it into class tomorrow and will keep working on it after my teacher feed back.
I really love the contrast of colors and lights and darks, maybe the pumpkins will requires some more brushstrokes.
Here is original picture:


I borrowed the two nice vases from my neighbor, a very nice guy with a pottery hobby! He is pretty talented in creating pottery! Planning to use more of his vases!

No posting this weekend!
Hubby, doggie and me are off to Palm Springs ( a desert city in Riverside county, in Southern Cali) for a half rainy half cloudy weekend ( according to goggle weather!) 
Looking forward to do few sketches over there :)

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment