Monday, February 24, 2014

Cross hatching, a street in Faenza.

18x24 inches 
Pen and pencil on paper
Vicolo Corto

This was a project I had to do for my drawing class at the Academy. 
A street with one point perspective was the title of the assignment.
I choose to work on a picture I took in Faenza while i was there last month.
Unfortunately the picture was a bit out of focus and I couldn't read the name of the actual street, so I decided to name it Vicolo Corto. 
I was ALWAYS getting this street while playing at the Italian Monopoly. 
Here is the original picture, if someone in Faenza could come up with the real name would be amazing!! :)
I just added the write bar, to add a bit more of interest!

This was my first try at cross hatching, pretty time consuming ( the piece is 45x60 cm!!!!) but I LOVE the finished work.



Working on a another drawing right now, a street here in San Francisco.

Happy Monday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment