Monday, October 7, 2013

Zhouzhuang, China

11x14 inches  
The Venice from China
oil on canvas board


As I wrote many time times before we got back from our Asia trip loaded with pictures, and as I said to all the people who asked me which city I liked most my answer was Tokyo.
Still I dont feel like painting Tokyo. Tokyo had a very NYC feeling around it, busy, modern, beautiful, trendy with amazing food. I would live in Tokyo. I would probably not live in Water Town....still, this is place is born to be painted.
 
Zhouzhuang is a couple of hours drive away from Shanghai . It is one of the most famous water townships in China, noted for its profound cultural background, the well preserved ancient residential houses and the elegant watery views. It has been called the Venice from the East.
Would love to go back during the cherry blossom season!

The painting is almost finished, I might add few touches tomorrow....feeling lazy now:) time to crush on the sofa and get ready for a full day of homework tomorrow: BORING!!!! :)

Have a good night everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment