Sunday, September 22, 2013

CHINA, West Lake


A nice sunny Sunday.....full of mixed feeling... hubby left for Minnesota on business trip, just me and Mona at home and it just not the same :) missing our man here!!
Lately I have been way too busy with my Art Academy online classes and not much time for "my"  painting . As a gift to myself today I gave my self some "free painting time" just a couple of hours...and the day looks already brighter!

We came back from our Asia trip with TONS of pictures...that requires time to be organized...(hopefully I ll get there soon!!)
But before starting working on the pictures album, I really wanted to paint my favorite.
This is the first one.
Two minute after I took this picture I wished I could be home in my studio, able to put it on canvas.
We spent the day in West Lake, a freshwater lake located in the historic area of Hagzhou,  in eastern China. Two hours drive from Shanghai, were we were staying.
A fun day trip with the Wharton friends :)

11x14 inches oil on canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment