Thursday, September 26, 2013

Boat trip West Lake, China

11x14 inches
oil on canvas
Boat trip
 
This is a quick painting I did yesterday afternoon... it is a mix of a couple of pictures I took during the afternoon boat trip in West Lake.

If you were asking me one year ago if I like painting landscape my answer would have be " NOOOO, Boring!!!"
But lately I have  discovered how nice is painting a place you have seen and experienced...totally in love with it now :)
Forgot to mention that also the last exhibition I went to see here in SF " Impressionist on the water" has influenced my latest painting style, I am focusing more on water and reflections.

Here is a picture of the painting in progress....at the very beginning when I am still "planning" what to do!!":)



Me and the painting almost done in my cozy studio :)
 and my little helper!! or sleepy model :)





Going back to school today, time to go back to life painting! feeling so RUSTY !!! If something nice comes up I ll show it tomorrow...;) not so sure though!
Have a great day everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment