Sunday, August 18, 2013

Windy hill trail

9x12 inches 
oil on canvas board
Windy hill

 A greyish Sunday after a glorious beautiful Saturday.
I have to admit that since we moved here in Ocean Beach I have been starting to appreciate sun, light, shadows, contrast, heat, warm and more(!) much more now than I did before ( when it was sunny and hot just EVERY single day ;) !)
ohhh yeah!!! When the sun is out is time to take pictures of new and old painting, I get better colors, better contrast, better everything.
But when the sun is out I also feel like I need to be out myself too :) so I don't paint much in the end, I just find excuses to walk Mona several times.
However yesterday I surprised myself, super sunny and still I managed to go for a medium length run in the morning and do two and half small painting in the afternoon.

This painting was inspired by a picture taken while walking up to Windy Hill. It was a warm spring afternoon, beautiful light. Hopefully I succeed in capturing the light on my canvas!

Off to do some more painting now :)
Have a great Sunday everybody!
 

2 comments: