Monday, July 22, 2013

My place.

Happy happy happy!
I had a totally fabulous start of the week :)
A very early run on the beach (before taking the bus to school at 7.15. !) then 7 hours in school and then home again, out for another run with a super active dog!
Falling totally in love with the beach and the ocean.

However I still enjoy more painting hills and green landscape. I feel it closer to me, to my home, to my upbringing and to my memories.

Here is today painting done with a limited color palette:
Ultramarine blu, venetian red, yellow pale ochre, black, white and EXCEPTIONALLY :) a tiny bit of primary yellow for front grass and flowers:)




 11x14 inches
My place
 Una romagnola in California

oil on canvas


I called this painting ME, because it totally me. :) I could live in that house with the red roof :) 

This last painting is California and Romagna mixed in together. 
I found the house picture while browsing Antonella 's picture. ( scusa Anto mi e' morto il pc e sono a corto di foto!!) 
While the landscape is from my amazing watercolor teacher Stephen Curl.



 This the first stage of painting


This is a detail, I love the flowers full of texture .


2 comments:

  1. it is so beautiful and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks :) is how my place would be :) you would be very VERY welcome, can t wait to see u!

    ReplyDelete