Thursday, July 18, 2013

A postcard from Ireland

Post number 500 !!  :) and 14125 page views :)

Thanks to all my dear friends that have constantly supported me in this fun artistic journey!
Grazie! Thanks you! Dziękuję!
 
First the blog, then art classes and now the Art Academy...
I am loving this journey, every minute of it, every day of it. For as much as I love painting I would not probably be here without my husband, my family and my friends believing in me and telling that I could make it. 

But this blog is not just about my art is also about me, Mona and our trio. Is way to stay closer to my mom (ciao mamma!!!TVTB) to my parents in law  ( cześć Maria and Mirek!!) to my brother in law  (cześć Andrzej!) . We are a pretty spread apart family over here!!!

So, once again thanks for reading me :) I will keep up writing and painting !


12x16 in oil on canvas
Postcard from Ireland

This is the painting of today, a landscape done with my usual limited color palette:
venetian red
ivory black
titanium white
ultramarine blue
yellow ochre pale


 As much as I love sunny and hot places I love Ireland.
There is something about it, the green, the clouds, the people, the accent... that made me fall in love with it.
In this picture I am trying to render the Irish weather and atmosphere that I love so much. Hope you will like it!


(thanks to Stephen for the original picture!!! During the home move my old pc died and I lost all my pictures, VERY SAD EVENT!)




No comments:

Post a Comment