Wednesday, October 25, 2017

We made it ! Night weaning success!



Last night I slept in my bed on my own (hubby is traveling this week!) from 10 pm till 6am.
Last time I had such a long stretch of sleep was on the 18th of July 2015. The night before my baby was born.
I had to say this morning I was feeling pretty great!!

As you can tell from my drawing I followed the "lemon theory" for our night weaning and the good news is that it was much less dramatic that I was expecting.

Before the lemon trick I was telling my boy that "nene" need to sleep at night and he can nurse again when the sun is out but honestly he wasn't really getting it.
He would normally wake up around 1.30/2 am and he wanted to come into out bed to nurse, nurse and nurse some more. And BIG drama if I was saying NO to nursing.
To avoid big crying and big noise at night in the end I was always giving up and that was it.

One day I started telling him that mom's nene had BuBu.  Such a big BuBu that they need to sleep at night.
He seemed to understand what I was talking about.
That night I went to bed with two slices of lemon and the moment he wanted to nurse I just offered to him and he was so not into the taste!! A big short cry than he gave up and fell asleep on his own.
Second night the same, but no cry on his side just cuddle to me into our bed and went to sleep on his own.
And so we went on for a week or so.
The second week he stopped waking up around 1/2 am to come into our bed.
Now is sleeping into his bed for a very long stretch, till 5 am or 6 am.
I am extremely happy!! I was thinking we could never get to this point.
No he tells me "nene YES" when the sun is out , and"nene"NO when is dar :)
Probably I will be using the lemon to drop some nursing session during the day too, but no hurry for that!

I am enjoying my "long" night now :)
Funny enough, I keep waking up at 1/2am and 3/4am just because my body is so used to it!  Looking forward to  loose the habit and have a real full night of sleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment