Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Underpainting, new girl

Hello everybody !
It feels Monday today...but the beauty is that is already Wedn :)
Not much a difference to me that I do not have a office job you might think...but NOT true! I like weekends as well :) My favorite thing about Sunday is actually my long run.
My very close friends know how much I like running! Not as much as painting but...well...it s a hard choice!
Thinking about taking part in a marathon next June, it would be my 4th... but I am getting old (!!) and I worry A LOT about my knees...will take a decision by the end of week and of course, i will let you know!

Today it was sunny and beautiful so I decided to start my new painting in the garden, I had a great time :)

While browsing on a website I found a beautiful pict of a girl, I felt the urge (for real!!) to paint her :)

So here we go! girl and my drawing

 beginning of the underpainting
 and at the end of my painting session
Tomorrow I ll paint a second layer with skin color...and I ll keep working on it.
Unfortunately tomorrow I will not have much time, busy with things to do in SF, so I ll do more work on Friday and on the weekend.
However I am very happy with this very first painting of the year!!!

ps. I went to Trader Joe before, our local supermarket, I couldnt resist and I bought once again SUNFLOWER!!! get red for more sunflower paintings!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment