Thursday, January 17, 2019

The most wonderful costume ever! (work in progress)

This last illustration is for a very special project, one very close to my heart.
In the picture there is my son Alessandro with his great grandmothers. They both passed away several  years ago, still they are very present in my every day life, in my heart and my mind.
They were the very first artist I have ever met.
Nonna Tilde could create beautiful and super complicated crochet work. Nothing was ever too difficult, and her hands and eyes were never too tired for it.
Nonna Lucia could just create the most amazing dress from whatever piece of cloth was given to her. I still remember that one time when she sew the same dress for me, my mom and my doll.
They were the strongest yet the sweetest women I have ever known.
Nonna Tilde would be 107 this year, Nonna Lucia would turn 95.
I miss them. I would have loved for them to meet Alessandro.
In the picturewith Alex and Mona there are also my nonna's latest pets: Chicco, Nonna Tilde's doggie and Palina, Nonna Lucia's cat.
So this last illustration is for my nonne ( Le MIE nonne ) and my little boy.
We looked at the pictures together and I got to tell him few stories about them. It felt like we all were in same room. I am pretty sure if my nonne could be with us today they would be joining forces to create the most wonderful super hero costume ever!
I am also pretty sure Alessandro would be fighting every effort to keep him still while they take his measures!!






No comments:

Post a Comment