Monday, March 18, 2013

Jude Thaddaeus ...my first time painting a statue!

As you guys all know I love painting, I love painting everything :)
So when my gardener last week came to me asking me if I could paint, once again ( I did a small painting of the saint for him last summer) St Jude Thaddeus I said YES of course.
Even if is not really my style !  But I love painting, so it doesn't really matter does it?

Last time I picked a picture of the Saint my self from the internet (thanks God we have Internet!:)!!)
This time he wanted me to paint a statue he has at home, one of the many statues ( i should say!) he has.
I went my self to take a picture of it and I started my work.
First the underpainting then the colors, I have to say I really enjoyed the experience, from driving to his place and take pictures to the final painting, it is almost done.
I am planning to give the final touches on Wednesday.

Here it is till now:
18x24 oil on gallery canvas
the real statue :

my work in progress:





No comments:

Post a Comment