Thursday, November 8, 2012

My favorite shoes

I am not a big shopper ( my husband can confirm!!), I don t really find pleasure in going shopping, I 'd rather be home and painting!
Sometimes though (very RARELY)I find something I really really like, normally it happens with shoes or boots.
 Then I cannot focus, I cannot think straight..I just need to have that pair of shoes.
And when I dont listen to my small inner voice asking me to buy the shoes please, then ....well I do regret it...I am still thinking about a pair of shoes I saw in London during my last trip in Europe.  Ishould have bought them! :(
As I said it happen very rarely ( my husband is happy here)
For our wedding in Las Vegas I bought a pair of blue shoes D&G, amazing...I wore them once, but the idea of having them is enough to make me happy.
Same thing with the red shoes, I bought them when I was in Italy a couple of years ago, present of my mom. I wore them less than 5 times in total I think, but I JUST LOVE having them!
Last week I went to a Halloween party dressed up like a dead child(!) nice white dress, white make up, and red shoes...really cool! I wore the shoes and I decided that they deserved to be painted.
So here there are! :)
8x10 inches oil on cardboard



 I really love this painting, is very fresh! you can see some brush strokes...I am super happy with the result!
Painting from life and not from a picture makes really the difference sometimes, it might look more difficult but is definitely easier to me.
Hope you like it!

last picture..me at the party with my shoes!!




PS.This last painting is also for sale on Etsy, in my shop :)
I am very proud to announce that my shop is back! :) go and visit ! 

http://www.etsy.com/people/LAURADALLAGATA7?ref=si_pr




No comments:

Post a Comment